Running events shown below in green are our own (including MABACs); the remainder are organized by other bodies. SRL = Surrey Road League. RC = County Championships. XC = cross-country.
Non-running social events (all our own) are shown in red.
Windmilers training schedule, September–December 2003
Richard Pickering, Tom O'Donoghue and Quentin Jones
finished the 2003 Chicago Marathon
with times between 3 and 3½ hours
|London marathon ballot. If you have been a Windmiler member for six months or more, and your personal application to enter the London marathon has been rejected, you can enter the ballot for one of the club places by getting your rejection slip to Craig Nicol before Christmas.
- DECEMBER 2003
- 13 Sat: Women's XC, Lightwater, Woking AC, 12:30 (locator map, course map)
- 13 Sat: Men's XC, Lightwater, Woking AC, 15:00
- 13 Sat: Christmas Dinner Dance, River Room, Star and Garter, Putney
- 16 Tues: Christmas lights run to Lower Morden Lane, WRFC, 19:00 for 19:15
- 17 Wed: Windmilers Annual General Meeting, WRFC, Barham Rd SW20. Note change of date
- 21 Sun: Ronhill Surrey Classic 10k, Horton Country Park, 09:30 (details)
- 28 Sun: MABAC Winter Wander, Windsor, (map), 9:00/10:00
- JANUARY 2004
- 3 Sat: Surrey County XC championships
- 4 Sun: MABAC Windsor, Blacknest Gate, (map), 11:00.
- Jenny Bell will be issuing the new running numbers at the start of this event. Once your number has been allocated that will be your number for the whole of 2004, so please return it to her at the end of each race.
- Beat your age round this course — and get a certificate from MAGIC (e.g. 50-year-old male to complete the course in 50 minutes; women can discount times by 15% of their age, e.g. 50-year-old female to complete in 57½ minutes).
- Remember you need 2 x £1 coins to get into the car park
- 10 Sat: Men's XC, Merrow (Guildford and Godalming), 15:00
- 10 Sat: Women's XC, Petersham end, Richmond Park (Ranelagh), 12:30
- 18 Sun: Epsom Oddballs 2000 Perch, ~10k, Epsom Downs (entry form)
- FEBRUARY 2004
- 7 Sat: Men's XC, Lloyd Park (Croydon Harriers), 15:00
- 7 Sat: Women's XC, Lloyd Park (Croydon Harriers), 12:30
- 22 Sun: Bushy Park Trail Run (info)
- 29 Sun: Seville Marathon, 09:00. Contact Peter Chandler
- MARCH 2004
- APRIL 2004
Past events are listed on our Old events pages (also for 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999). As events happen they are removed from the listing on this page and transferred to Old events. This is done monthly. Expired events in the current month are merely rendered invisible: to see them, do View | Source.
- For MABAC fixtures, see the MABAC website (this link will open in a separate window). To take part, either make your way directly to the venue (maps available on this website, or from committee members), or turn up at the Windmill car park at around 09.15 for directions, or to get a lift. Running numbers will be given out at the event itself.
- Reebok Surrey Cross-Country League (men) - We are in Division 2 of the League. Any number of runners can enter, but only the first 10 men from each club will score. All club members are welcome to run. The races are about five miles (8 km), at 15.00 on certain Saturday afternoons. Contact team manager for details (see below). Share transport: meet at Raynes Park (opp. Durham Road), 13.30.
- Surrey Road League - Open to all club members, but only the first 3 men and first 3 women from each club will score. Contact team managers for further details.
- National Cross-Country Championships - Teams have to be submitted in advance, and entries must go through your team manager.
- Men's team manager:
020-8788 2976 (home), 7755 3791 (work), 07974 688 964 (mobile)
- Women's team manager:
020-8330 7675, 0775 414 8881 (mobile)
- LARA = Leisure, Arts and Recreation Associates: (info)
These bouncing letters come from the Animation Factory - thanks!
...Visit other pages on the Windmilers website:
Check out where to run in southwest London
Go to our page of Windmilers people:
- members' home pages and e-mail addresses
- Windmilers kit
- services offered by members
If you're new to jogging/running, find out how to get started with Windmilers coach Wen Seear.
Check out our links to other running-related sites!
Windmilers front page
Page maintained by John Wells, 020-8542 0302.
Last modified 2003 December 07